Bike rides are one of our favorite warm weather activities! We love getting the family together and taking a ride to the playground or for our favorite healthy snack. If one of your FabKids hasn’t learned to ride a bike yet keep reading for our tips and tricks for teaching them to ride with ease. And make sure that all your little ones can join in the fun this spring!
From Groundhog’s Day to Leap Day, February has been full of reasons to have a little extra fun! And there is no SWEETER way to celebrate with your FabGirl than by throwing a Tea Party! So this month we’ve put together your Fab Guide to the perfect tea time. From the food to the decorations, we’ve got you covered!
I know we are familiar with the song that have shared these most famous and inspirational words, “It’s the most wonderful time of the year.” Not just for Christmas, but to spread the wonderful feelings throughout all of the winter months and to continue to spread joy and cheer for many more years to come! There are so many fun activities to participate in during the winter months, but here are my top five ideas for fun winter activities for you and your FabKid(s)! Continue Reading…
We know everyone wants to be a FabKid! Now you can be with these fun grown up versions of kids items! Continue Reading…
A new school year means a new after school activity! What activity would be a perfect fit for your FabKid?
In honor of National Book Lovers Day, we polled the FabKids team and rounded up our all time favorite children’s books! Check out our list of must-read children’s books that’ll never go out of style!
Summer is the time of year when the sun’s rays are strongest and while we all love a little ‘Fun In The Sun‘, FabKids is here to help provide some tips and tricks for being ‘sun smart‘ and keeping your young ones happy and healthy all summer long!
1. Limit Outdoor Play Time During Peak Sun Hours: The sun’s rays are strongest from 10am – 4pm so be sure to be conscious and limit the amount of time your FabKid stays outdoors during that time frame.
2. Apply Sunscreen The Right Way: This may seem like an easy 1,2,3 process, but the way sunscreen is most effective, is if it is applied 30 minutes before heading outside and it is important to pick a sunscreen with SPF of 15 or higher (the higher the SPF, the stronger the protection)! Be sure to apply sunscreen generously to your FabKid and even a SPF lip balm to prevent chapped or dry lips!
3. Cover Up: Wearing protective clothing and accessories like a cover up, hat or sunglasses will help protect your FabKids on those hot and sunny summer days at the beach or park. If you are heading to the beach, be sure to bring a long a large umbrella!
4. Keep A Watchful Eye On Medications: If your FabKid takes any medications normally, it is important to keep in mind if they have any reactions while out in the sun. If you aren’t sure about the side effects, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
5. Lead By Example: Practice safe sun care yourself so you can be an example for your FabKids 🙂
Do you have any tips for being safe in the sun? Comment Below 🙂
It’s that delicious time of year for all things summer- picnics, lazy days at the beach and taking a stroll through the local Farmer’s Market. There’s just something about grocery shopping outdoors that elevates the experience from a mundane chore to an experience worthy of looking forward to. My kids enjoy the Farmer’s Market so much that we’ve made a regular weekend outing of these trips during the summer months. Today I have some tips for you that may have you considering adopting this tradition for your own family.
Summer has long been regarded as a time for kids to relax and have fun. While it’s great to take a break, research shows that most students lose about 2 months of mathematical computation skills over the summer while others lose more than two months in reading achievement. School may be out for summer but there’s plenty of time to still learn. Check out our tips that will help your child keep learning all summer long.