With all of the work events, kids parties and family get togethers that swamped us during the holiday season, having some quality time with your kiddos and creating the perfect treat is a great way to keep the kids occupied this winter (while also making a yummy snack for them and their friends)! I’ve scoured the Internet and found the best sugar cookie recipe there is to find- except it comes from my mom! Sugar cookies can be customized for any occasion and trust me, everyone will LOVE them!
So grab your FabKids and maybe a Grandma or relative and let’s get to it!
You will need:
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2T vinegar
- 1/2t lemon extract
- 1t salt
- 1 egg
- 1t baking soda
- 1t vanilla
1. Mix wet ingredients very, very well, then add dry ingredients and mix again. It’s super important that the dough has a chance to chill in the fridge for three hours after mixing (mom tip- you can make the dough the night before).
2. Flour your working surface and roll out the dough, a little thicker tends to make for fluffier, nicer cookies!
3. Use cookie cutters to make whatever shape will fit the theme of your event!
4. Lay your cut out cookies onto sheets and bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Cookies are done when golden.
5. Let them cool completely then use your favorite buttercream to frost. This is really where the kids can have some fun and you can tie in your theme. Add food coloring, sprinkles, candies- the sky is the limit!
Author Bio: Nicole Willis is a busy, working mom and fitness fanatic from the Oregon Coast. In true Oregon fashion, she enjoys all things outdoors, coffee and long runs. If she’s not training for an upcoming race, you’ll find her volunteering! Nicole loves being a Brand Ambassador for FabKids because it is the only clothing line that is truly play-ready and can keep up with a busy toddler!