It’s always tough getting kids to sit still and do homework. Here are some tips and tricks to help them (and you!) breeze through assignments.
- Let the kids relax after school and give them an hour to unwind and grab a snack.
- Establish a routine and set a time and place for homework each night.
- The earlier you start homework, the better. Kids get tired later into the evening and won’t want to complete their assignments.
- Reward them! If they make it through homework time without complaining, give them a treat. Use incentives to help you kids want to do their homework instead of forcing them to do it.
- Make homework fun! Use play money or pieces of candy to give kids a visual aid and keep them engaged.